When we perform home inspections in Grundy County, we make sure that every structural aspect of the house and working system within the house is fully inspected to get the most accurate depiction of the condition of the home. Our inspections are performed according to the code of ethics set by the National Association of Certified Home Inspectors to guarantee a thorough analysis. With our home inspections, we can determine the true condition of your home as well as discover any potential problems that require immediate attention.
Canal Port’s home inspections include audits of the roofing, exterior, basements and crawlspaces, heating and cooling systems, plumbing, insulation, and the foundation among other aspects of the home to check for structural damage, moisture build-up, electrical, and ventilation problems. During the inspections, we use thermal imaging to check the heat distribution throughout the home to identify moisture and leaks and we inspect the systems within the home by observing them in operation and then analyzing each individual component part. We also offer environmental testing for radon and mold that can be incorporated into our full home inspections. Once the inspection is complete, we will create a computerized report of the inspection to present to you along with digital photographs to highlight key issues that need to be addressed.
The most common things that our inspections check for are physical and structural damage; water damage; extra moisture; electrical issues concerning breakers, fuses, and the service line; and ventilation issues among many others. Our reports are highly detailed to show that the entire home has been thoroughly inspected and they are easy to understand. Having a full inspection performed on your home is a great way to protect your investment in your home because it will uncover problems and potential problems that need to be corrected before they cause further damage with higher repair costs.
- Roof, vents, flashings, and trim.
- Gutters and downspouts.
- Skylight, chimney and other roof penetrations.
- Decks, stoops, porches, walkways, and railings.
- Eaves, soffit and fascia.
- Grading and drainage.
- Basement, foundation and crawlspace.
- Water penetrations and foundation movements.
- Heating systems.
- Cooling systems.
- Main water shut off valves.
- Water heating system.
- Interior plumbing fixtures and faucets.
- Drainage sump pumps with accessible floats.
- Electrical service line and meter box.
- Main disconnect and service amperage.
- Electrical panels, breakers and fuses.
- Grounding and bounding.
- GFCIs and AFCI.
- Fireplace damper door and hearth.
- Insulation and ventilation.
- Garage doors, safety sensors, and openers.
- Thermal imaging available (certified).
- And much more!
An easy to read and understand computerized report will be provided. Any exemptions to the inspection will be noted. Digital photographs will be included to support any key issues. Additional reports can be provided via email or fax.